Your father is certain that if he finds the right attorneys he can get some things in place to make sure that his family taken care of. Married to his second wife, the house that he lives in now really belongs to her but she has made certain that if she dies first it will belong to your dad. If your dad would happen to die first, however, he fears that his assets will not go to his current wife, but instead to her children. Truth be told, your dad has many examples of when this one daughter in particular has found a way to get money from her mom.
The trust and will are complicated, however. Your dad wants to make sure that his third and current wife is well cared for should she out live him. He wants, however, for any remaining resources to go to you and your sister, and not the children of his current wife. He has talked about his concerns more than once with you and your sister, but he has not taken the time to meet with attorneys to get the right papers in place to be certain that his wishes are met.
From estate attorneys to employment lawyers, there are many complicated situations that a legal team can help with.
The Most Experienced Legal Advice Can Help You Solve Difficult Situations
From knowing when to hire a commercial real estate attorney to finding the right resources when you need to make a change to your will or estate plans, it is always important to make sure that you are able to find the best solutions for the challenges that you face. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when people find themselves in need of legal assistance:
- Although laws can vary from one state to the next, in Texas a breach of contract claim must be filed within four years, unless two years is specified by the contract.
- Drones will help engineers and architects tackle various construction tasks more accurately, according to Colin Guinn of 3-D Robotics, but many of these projects require specialized legal considerations.
- The U.S. construction market was worth approximately $1,162 billion in 2016, so it should come as no surprise that there are a growing number of legal requirements for many jobs.
- Plaintiffs win bench trials 68% of the time, according to a 2005 review of civil cases filed in state courts.
- Plaintiffs win jury trials 54% of the time, aaccording to a 2005 review of civil cases filed in state courts.
- The construction industry eliminated more than 40% of its work force between April of 2006 and January of 2011, resulting in the need for many employment lawyers.